n4a OAA Reauthorization Toolkit
Since 2010, n4a has been working toward reauthorization of the Older Americans Act, the Aging Network’s foundational law. There remains a great deal of advocacy work to be done to increase the urgency of OAA reauthorization amidst the many other competing legislative issues demanding Congress’ attention.
That is why we have updated our reauthorization toolkit: to help you engage in a productive dialogue with members of Congress, their staff and the media.
Our Toolkit includes:
- Sample OAA Op-Ed
- Template Letter to REPUBLICAN Senators
- OAA Reauthorization Video
- Key milestones in the history of the OAA
- Primer on the OAA and Aging Network
- House and Senate Committees with OAA jurisdiction
- Talking points on key priorities for the reauthorization
- n4a’s 2011 recommendations for the reauthorization
- Tips on recess activities to engage your legislators
- Tips for successful meetings with lawmakers