Senior Program Manager
USAging is a dynamic national membership association representing and supporting local leaders in aging who provide services that help enable the fastest-growing population in the United States to age well at home. The number of Americans age 65 and older is rapidly growing as a share of the population: from 16 percent just a few years ago to an expected 22 percent by 2040. Supporting this dramatic demographic shift by providing the options we all want as we age is at the heart of what USAging and our members do every day.
USAging represents and supports the network of Area Agencies on Aging and advocates for the Title VI Native American Aging Programs that serve millions of older adults, people with disabilities and caregivers throughout the nation live with optimal health, well-being, independence and dignity in their homes and communities. Our members are the local leaders that develop, coordinate and deliver a wide range of home and community-based services, including information and referral/assistance, case management, home-delivered and congregate meals, in-home services, caregiver supports, transportation, evidence-based health and wellness programs, long-term care ombudsman programs and more.
USAging supports the success of our members and the older adults, people with disabilities and caregivers they serve through our groundbreaking work to advance public policy, spark innovation, strengthen the capacity of our members, raise their visibility and drive excellence in the fields of aging and home and community-based services.
The Senior Program Manager has a key role with leading caregiving efforts at USAging. The position focuses on developing, implementing and evaluating activities that foster innovative caregiver services and supports.
Activities will include overseeing program deliverables and workplan, developing tools and resources; overseeing subcontractors and consultants; collaborating with and reporting on progress to funders and stakeholders; gaining input and guidance from key stakeholders on critical topics; and facilitating meetings and delivering presentations in a variety of settings, all serving to promote innovative services and supports for family caregivers of older adults, people with disabilities, as well as those providing care in kinship families and grandfamilies.
The ideal candidate will be an efficient and proactive manager who is organized, strategic and an excellent communicator able to balance multiple activities daily.
Senior Program Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
- Provide oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of the project work plan and budget.
- Work with funder, vendors and partners to facilitate an efficient process for the administration and completion of activities.
- Serve as liaison to funder on project issues.
- Ensure program remains in compliance and meets all auditing standards.
- Manage conference and event planning efforts related to the initiative.
- Serve as a spokesperson, speaking at in-person and virtual training sessions, conferences and other venues.
- Utilize project management tools, including Excel and project management tools, to organize and manage program activities.
- Take a lead role with writing program materials including email blasts/social media, surveys, topical guides, reports and technical assistance materials.
- Communicate clearly in writing and via telephone/Microsoft Teams/Zoom. with USAging members, partners, funders and other stakeholders.
- Prepare project reports and summaries of program activities as required.
- Review and approve financial reports and expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
This full-time position is based in USAging’s Washington, DC, office. Qualified candidates outside of the Washington, DC area will be considered. The successful candidate will be able to attend the USAging Annual Conference and Tradeshow each summer for up to six days.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
USAging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including fully paid individual health, dental and vision coverage; retirement savings plan with a 10 percent employer contribution and generous vacation and sick leave.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND BELONGING STATEMENT
Diversity is a core value at USAging. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all employees. We believe every employee enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
The successful candidate should be able to perform the essential function of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, USAging will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential duties of their job absent undue hardship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply for this position here
. Note the job title in the email subject line. The application will remain open until filled. We cannot respond to all applications and unsolicited phone calls, social media messages or emails will not be returned.