Manager, Education and Events
USAging is the national association representing and supporting the network of Area Agencies on Aging and advocating for the Title VI Native American Aging Programs. Our members help older adults and people with disabilities throughout the United States live with optimal health, well-being, independence and dignity in their homes and communities.
Our leaders on aging well at home our members develop, coordinate and deliver a wide range of home and community-based services, including information and referral/assistance, case management, home-delivered and congregate meals, in-home services, caregiver supports, transportation, evidence-based health and wellness programs, long-term care ombudsman programs and more.
USAging is dedicated to supporting the success of our members in supporting the nation’s growing population of older adults, people with disabilities and caregivers through advancing public policy, sparking innovation, strengthening the capacity of our members, raising their visibility and working to drive excellence in the fields of aging and home and community-based services.
The Manager, Education and Events is a key supportive position in USAging. This position will play a leader role in coordinating USAging’s major conferences, meetings and special events including: Annual Conference and Tradeshow (attendance 1,100+); Aging Policy Briefing (attendance 150+); Leadership Institute (attendance 40+); Board Meetings (attendance 50+) and briefings and educational forums.
Manager, Education and Events
Chief Executive Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
- Serves as the USAging internal lead liaison with our conference management company to develop and track workplan, timelines and logistics related to our Annual Conference
- Serves as the staff lead to explore new educational ideas and formats and manage the implementation of the Annual Conference workplan including the Call for Sessions process, conference agenda development, session placement, Tradeshow and other logistics
- Coordinate all aspects of USAging events including food and beverage, audio visual, ordering equipment, room set-up and other requirements for internal events
- Maintains organization-wide events calendar of internal and external partners; responsible for executing internal meeting requests, including virtual meetings
- Serves as the coordinator and logistical lead for the USAging Leadership Institute, which is a member only leadership development program
- Assists with: selection of meeting/conference venue locations including but not limited to contract negotiations; event logistics: event communications; and marketing materials distribution
- Work with Chief Financial Officer and key staff to develop event budget for major events
- Create summary reports of each event outlining how data gathered can be used to develop successful future events
- Build, maintain and manage internal and external business relationships to provide a team approach to the successful planning and implementation of all events
- Work with staff to develop a calendar of educational training and webinars/online training sessions for external partners
- Provide support to the USAging Conference Committee on educational content and event format/logistics
- Other duties as assigned
This full-time position is based in USAging’s Washington, DC, office. The successful candidate will be able to attend the USAging Annual Conference and Tradeshow each summer for up to six days.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
USAging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including fully paid individual health, dental and vision coverage; retirement savings plan with a 10 percent employer contribution and generous vacation and sick leave.
The successful candidate should be able to perform the essential function of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, USAging will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential duties of their job absent undue hardship.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCULSION AND BELONGING STATEMENT
Diversity is a core value at USAging. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all employees. We believe every employee enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Apply for this position here
. The application closing date will remain open until filled
. We cannot respond to all applications and unsolicited phone calls or emails will not be returned.