Start Date: 10/23/2023 8:00 AM EDT
End Date: 11/17/2023 5:00 PM EST
Event Website: https://www.nadtc.org/event/creative-solutions-to-rural-transportation/
National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (NADTC)
Please join the National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (NADTC) this fall to discuss rural transportation in a new online course! Registration will close October 13.
Who should participate:
- To identify specific challenges faced by transportation programs serving rural areas;
- To share innovative and replicable transportation programs that meet the needs of older adults and people with disabilities in rural communities;
- To encourage information sharing among participants to generate additional ideas for effective solutions in rural transportation.
Public, private, and nonprofit transportation and human services providers, including volunteer programs; city/county employees, including those working in the fields of aging and disability services, healthcare, housing, or employment; Tribal agencies; and anyone interested in learning about rural transportation.
What will the course include:
This course will include four modules. Each module contains a video presentation on the selected topic and we will provide links to outside resources and documents for reference. The topics addressed in the course are as follows:
- Funding Rural Community Transportation Systems
- Volunteer Transportation
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in Rural Transportation Planning
- How Technology Supports Rural Transportation Coordination
Each module will have a linked discussion forum. This course is structured in such a way that your engagement is a key part of learning! We want you to draw on the content provided to help start a conversation, share resources, and provide support. These forums will be a place for discussion with other registered participants and you will be provided with discussion questions for each module that will help prompt conversation.
Participants will be offered a completion certificate for the course if you meet the requirement of making at least two posts in the module discussion forums throughout the four weeks.
This course is self-paced and while we will follow a weekly schedule when releasing content, you are free to move through the information on your own. The course will begin Monday, October 23.
For information regarding course content and activities, please email Eileen Schroff at email@example.com