USAging’s consulting services focus on the issues and opportunities that are critical to helping AAAs and other community-based organizations (CBOs) prepare for the evolving demands and opportunities presented by today’s health and social care environment as well as the future needs of individuals across the communities served by the aging and disability networks. Our nationally recognized consultants and partners bring deep knowledge and expertise in managed care, health care, Medicare and Medicaid, as well as social care assessments, programs and services. We understand that every AAA and CBO is unique and requires a tailored approach to address their unique interests and needs.
For more information about how USAging Consulting Services can help your organization, contact Paul Cantrell, USAging Consultant, at email@example.com or 434.249.9235.
Areas of Focus
- Strategy and Business Planning
- Business Development and Marketing
- Learning and Development
- Quality and Performance Measurement
- Health and Managed Care Environment
- Networks and Social Care Hubs
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Advocacy and Alliance Building
Strategy and Business Planning
- Our consultants are experienced in strategy and business planning and can support your organization in assessing the health care landscape and conducting strategic planning and readiness assessments. They can help your organization develop a clear, step-by-step path forward with manageable objectives, priorities and timeframes.
- Our team of consulting firms, partner organizations and individual consultants understand the ABCs of working with Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), hospitals, health systems, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and employers. They can help you successfully navigate the health care contracting process. More broadly, our consultants can help your organization with business development that includes government and grant-based funding opportunities.
- Our consulting services can assist your organization as it integrates new requirements of health care contracts with internal workflows and business practices, identify gaps and opportunities for quality improvements and efficiencies, and prepare for program launch and ongoing process improvement. Areas of focus may include contract readiness, planning and program implementation, data systems and information technology, credentialing, quality and outcomes measurement, data security or value-based analysis.
- Knowledge is power, and our consultants can offer training and technical assistance on a variety of health care, operational and business-related topics to help you and your organization learn what you need to be successful. Some of the most in-demand training topics include:
Quality and Performance Measurement
- Traditional AAA and CBO services have typically been measured on outputs. However, with the advancement of whole person care advances (care that includes health care and social care in a person-centered way), the focus of quality performance indicators is also shifting towards metrics centered on health and well-being goals and outcomes. Our consultants are experienced working in this environment and can help your AAA or CBO incorporate outcomes-based quality and performance management. We can also help organizations manage credentialing and accreditation processes.
- Payers, like Medicare and Medicaid, are increasingly empowering and paying health plans and integrated health systems (such as ACOs) to address the social determinants of health (SDOH) by offering social care to close health equity gaps. If AAAs and CBOs are going to continue to address the social needs of their communities, these organizations must learn, adapt and develop the skills to effectively contract with managed care organizations and other health care entities.
- MCOs often need broad geographical coverage that extends far beyond the traditional boundaries of even the largest AAA or CBO. For these frequent situations, AAAs and CBOs have begun forming contacting networks with a Community Care Hub or Network Lead Entity (NLE) providing organizational and administrative solutions, like contract negotiations and management, billing, quality, product standardizations, systems and data integration, and performance improvement. Our consultants have experience building and consulting with existing hubs/NLEs and can help you achieve your vision!
- Developing budgets and proposed financial options is evolving. Future opportunities will focus on value with unit-based, fee-for-service pricing fading into the rear-view mirror. Developing a keen understanding and techniques for managing new financial structures will be critical to success. Examples include value-based purchasing, break-even analysis, how to address sunk costs, withholds and quality bonuses, etc.
- Risk management is an often-overlooked component of a well-run agency. Our consultants can provide training and support to help your organization create greater agility and staff engagement by adopting a scalable process for identifying, prioritizing and taking meaningful steps to address risks.
- To ensure policymakers understand the valuable role your organization plays in integrated care, our consultants can help you build effective alliances with both traditional and non-traditional partners. They can also assist your organization in building relationships with and educating health policy experts and government decision-makers on solutions that address the broad-based needs of older adults, people with disabilities and their caregivers.