- Aging and Disability Business Institute
- Eldercare Locator
- Disability Information and Access Line (DIAL)
- engAGED: The National Resource Center for Engaging Older Adults
- Dementia Friendly America
- Aging Innovations and Achievement Awards
- Community Care Corps
- Housing and Services Resource Center
- Volunteer Resource Center
- Other Efforts
Medicare Training and Outreach Tools
USAging is working with UnitedHealthcare® to provide educational tools that Aging Network staff and volunteers can utilize to prepare for Medicare Open Enrollment.
A study of Medicare counselors was conducted by USAging and UnitedHealthcare® to help identify information gaps in understanding Medicare, and to help trainers identify which educational tools and resources are available, training session dynamics and unmet needs. As a result, this Train-the-Trainer toolkit was developed to help assist Medicare counselor staff and volunteers.
Prepare Your Staff and Volunteers on Medicare
With 10,000 baby boomers aging into Medicare every day, the demand for understanding Medicare is rising.
Over the last few years, Medicare counselors from across the nation have identified information and resource gaps in Medicare education through research studies co-sponsored by UnitedHealthcare and USAging . To help address these gaps, we’ve worked with UnitedHealthcare® to develop new solutions and tools that can improve Medicare training for your staff and volunteers.
By leveraging UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Made Clear campaign, we have developed these easy-to-use tools:
- Online Course: Learn about Medicare basics and coverage options.
- Train-the-Trainer Medicare Education Kit: Leverage a Quick Reference Guide, as well as the Beginning & Advanced Training Courses designed to help prepare your staff.
Begin using the materials today!
- Online Course with Certificate of Completion
- Top Ten Consumer Questions About Medicare Webinar
- Getting Started with Medicare: Beginning Medicare Training (Module 1)
- Getting Started with Medicare: Beginning Medicare Training (Module 1) [With notes]
- Getting Started with Medicare: Advanced Medicare Training (Module 2)
- Getting Started with Medicare: Advanced Medicare Training (Module 2) [With notes]
- Medicare Made Clear: Quick Reference Guide
UnitedHealthCare Services, Inc. grants permission to Area Agencies on Aging to leverage these materials for educational purposes to train their staff and volunteers. These materials have been adapted from UnitedHealthcare's award-winning Medicare Made Clear education series.