Boot Camp for New Directors
In response to member interest, USAging developed the Boot Camp for New Directors training series to take a deeper dive into the topics we cover during the Boot Camp for New Directors that we traditionally have held during the Annual Conference and Tradeshow. Launched in 2021, this educational series supports new AAA and Title VI directors by facilitating learning, information sharing and the creation of new connections, as well as creating a networking cohort of new/newish directors.
Over the course of 2021, the ten-part series will cover an array of topics identified by the experienced directors of the USAging Board’s Membership Committee as among the most important topics for new directors to dive into, including:
- the history of the Aging Network and the Older Americans Act,
- important federal agencies and partnerships to be aware of,
- how to form strong working relationships with the state unit on aging and other state officials,
- how to build and strengthen your connections locally,
- how to run your agency, with tips on financial stewardship, governance, policies and management,
- preparing your agency for the future
- and more!
Learn more about each Boot Camp session and view archived sessions here.