Show Us How Your Community Improves Transportation Access and Options for Older Adults!
- By: USAging
- On: 03/22/2018 16:20:47
- In: Hot Topics in Aging
The National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (NADTC), co-administered by n4a and Easterseals, is excited to announce that its Second Annual Photo Contest will officially launch in just a few weeks! Start brainstorming and snapping photos that highlight how your community is increasing the availability and accessibility of community transportation options for older adults and people with disabilities.
Launched last year, NADTC's annual photo contest highlighted a variety of ways that communities are evolving to build more inclusive transportation systems. This year's contest is seeking photos covering a broad range of transportation topics, including:
- Service animals assisting their owners as they ride or get ready to ride transportation;
- People of color using transportation;
- Tribal transportation;
- Rural landscape transportation;
- Transportation riders using technology that supports transportation access or accessible mobility;
- Youth and young adults with disabilities;
- Good customer service or travel training;
- Vehicle operator assistance;
- Caregivers or family providing support to an individual using transportation.