New Advocacy Tools for a New Era
n4a's latest policy resources will help aging advocates make the case for the home and community-based services an aging nation needs now! Our just-released annual Policy Priorities provide details on our shared legislative goals for 2017, so you can make the policy case. And since it's spring, it's time to get loud about federal funding for Older Americans Act and other vital programs.
We are facing grave threats to the federal funding streams that help your agencies serve older adults and caregivers. As the President's initial (part 1) budget showed us, the Administration is willing to eliminate programs supporting older adults like OAA's workforce program, LIHEAP, Community Services Block Grant, Senior Corps and more, so we must ensure that Congress does not take these reckless recommendations.
And given our nation's rapid aging, we also must engage new Administration and Congressional leaders to teach them what our Network knows so well. That is,
- People want to age safely in their homes and communities.
- Enabling aging in place is essential to our economic success.
- Health happens at home and in the community.
- We are only as strong as our caregivers.
- Community infrastructure is a critical component of healthy aging.