n4a Seeks Request for Proposals on Health IT
n4a is seeking response to a Request for Proposals (RFP). The proposed project will identify and summarize opportunities for the Aging Network related to health information technology (HIT), such as health information exchanges (HIEs) and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) funding.
Building upon data presented in the n4a Information Technology Report, the chosen candidate will write a report(s) on health information technology opportunities for the Aging Network, such as involvement with HIEs and options available through HITECH or other sources of funding. Topics covered in the report may include:
- Overview of health information technology opportunities and HIEs;
- Information on which states and regions currently have and/or are developing HIEs;
- Description of how AAAs are involved in HIEs/ HIT and opportunities for further involvement;
- Description of HITECH funding and Meaningful Use requirements, including opportunities and options for AAAs to apply for HITECH funding and factors that may contribute to a successful application;
- Description of funding, policy, or programmatic barriers affecting AAAs engagement in HIT, HIE, or HITECH and strategies to address the barriers; and
- Examples of Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) or community-based organizations that are engaged in this work.