n4a's Eldercare Locator Connects Callers to Nearly 400 AAAs in One Week

Nearly 4,000 requests for assistance were received by the Eldercare Locator from February 29–March 4 and referrals were made to nearly 400 different AAAs during that period!

The strength of the referrals to the Aging Network during that one week is a reflection of the Locator's bigger referral picture: 68 percent of all requests for assistance are referred to AAAs during the year. The remaining 32 percent of referrals are made to government agencies or other resources like SHIPs and Adult Protective Services.
“The Locator plays a crucial role in raising public awareness of the role of the AAAs in providing vital local services and supports nationwide,” said Eldercare Locator Director Patrice Earnest, who previously served as the coordinator of education and resources at the Area Agency on Aging of the Atlanta Regional Commission, before joining n4a last month. “It is exciting to know that people in need are being helped in virtually every corner of the nation and we are privileged to play a role in connecting them to the AAAs and other critical resources."



USAging Fact: Learn about your peers’ work—and how it can fit into your agency’s goals! The AIA Awards recognizes successful and innovative programs that USAging members have developed to serve older adults. Get inspiration from our 2024 winners!