AAAs At Work for Older Adults
Since the COVID-19 pandemic hit the country earlier this year, Area Agencies on Aging have been on the front lines of the crisis. Whether they have adapted programs to meet changing needs in their communities, ensured meals are delivered to those who need them, or developed telephonic assurance lines to help reduce social isolation for homebound older adults, AAAs have shown time and time again that #AAAsAtWork for #OlderAdults make a difference in the community.
Participate in our social media campaign and help us spread the word about the great work that #AAAsAtWork are doing for #OlderAdults in communities around the country.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Add the campaign frame to your agency’s Facebook profile photo
- Go to www.facebook.com/profilepicframes.
- Click your profile picture in the bottom left and select your Page.
- Search for a frame by entering the frame's name, the creator's name (USAging).
- Choose the frame you want to use from the results.
- Click Use as Profile Picture.
- Add the campaign frame to your agency’s Twitter profile photo
- Go to https://twibbon.com/support/aaas-at-work-for-older-adult.
- Click on the button labeled "Login to Add Twibbon."
- Click on "Login with Twitter.”
- Type in the username and password of your AAA’s Twitter account.
- Click “Authorize app”.
- Click the “Add to Twitter” button.
- Position your logo and the overlay as needed to show your entire logo.
- When you have positioned your image and the overlay, click the “Add the Twibbon to Twitter” button.
- Use the sample Facebook and Twitter posts
- [NAME OF AAA] is on the front lines of the COVID-19 crisis, here in [LOCATION], part of a national network of #AAAsAtWork that are making sure #OlderAdults have what they need to stay safe amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
- We’re proud to be one of the many #AAAsAtWork across the country that are stepping up to serve #OlderAdults in our community!
- [NAME OF AAA] is responding to COVID-19 and supporting older adults in our community. [NAME OF AAA] is on the front lines serving #OlderAdults during this pandemic. #AAAsAtWork for #OlderAdults
- [NAME OF AAA] is proud to be part of a national network of #AAAsAtWork supporting the needs of #OlderAdults in communities around the country.
- Visit [NAME OF AAA] online to learn what information and services are available to you during the COVID-19 crisis. [LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE] #AAAsAtWork for #OlderAdults
- A proud member of USAging and the #AgingNetwork, [AAA name] is responding to the COVID-19 crisis by providing much-needed services to #OlderAdults in our community. Call or visit us online for more information on how we are serving older adults during this crisis. [LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE] #AAAsAtWork for #OlderAdults
- [AAA name] is just one of many #AAAsAtWork for #OlderAdults during this crisis, providing [NAME OF SERVICE] to #OlderAdults in our community so that they can stay safe during the coronavirus pandemic.
- [AAA name] has updated our services to respond to the threat of COVID-19 for #OlderAdults—we are now providing [services]. Call us or visit us online to find out more. [LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE] #AAAsAtWork for #OlderAdults
- [NAME OF AAA] is on the front lines in our community, serving #OlderAdults with [NAME OF SERVICE] to make sure this vulnerable population is getting nutritious meals even during this crisis. [LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE] #AAAsAtWork for #OlderAdults
- Proud to be part of #AAAsAtWork, meeting the needs of #OlderAdults in [your area]. I may be working from my den because of COVID, but I continue to [take information calls / organize our volunteers / check in on our clients / offer supports to caregivers / etc.]. [Agency Handle]